Friday, January 24, 2014

This Blog

I've been attending the Art Institute of Portland for a year now for media arts and animation. I keep leaning between 2-D animation and 3-D animation. I'm going to have to make a decision after this year. Also, I have finally gotten into the classes that are actually animation classes. I"m going to use this blog to show off my skills and my progress. I'm hoping to use this blog to start out as kind of an art diary that will eventually evolve into an online showcase of my art. I've already had two pieces showcased in the school's hallway gallery. 

Occasionally, I plan on posting some game related things such as tips for Pokemon breeding as well as what I have bred for trade. Also, I make outfits and flags for Animal Crossing: New Leaf. 

On top of posting about my adventures in art school and some game related things, I will probably, more than likely share news and information about cartoons currently on TV and probably TV shows. This is the field I want to go into. So I can never shut up about these things. 

On top of all of this, I'm learning to play the ukulele, so if I'm really excited about a specific song I've learned, I'll share it here. 

I'm also willing to answer any questions that people may have about The Art Institutes if you're planning on attending or have just started and need some help figuring things out. I've only been here a year, but I know what it's like to be new and I know it can be overwhelming and confusing. So I will do my best to support you! Also, if you have beginner's questions to animation. I may not know all the answers, but I definitely have the resources to figuring it out and I know where you're coming from. I know this is cliche, but there are no stupid questions. On top of that, I'm always willing to proofread English papers and offer support for most English classes. 

This all probably seems really random, I hope it's not too much. I just get so excited to share things!

So to start off, I will show some work that I've done so far!


Creative Final for American Gothic Literature showing the usage of symbolism, doppelganger, and Gothic element for Edgar Allen Poe's short story "The Black Cat".



My best doodles happen when I'm supposed to be taking notes.


A piece I made for my dad for Father's Day 2013

Fan Art for The Last of Us




Art advertising the Growlithes I bred for trade

Hocus Pocus Facebook Cover




More The Last of Us Art






Christmas Transparent Corner Drawing for my Tumblr, Pika-Brew

Corner Image for my Tumblr

Life Size Drawing for Figure Drawing Class

Corner Drawing for my Tumblr






My husband, Steve





Shin-Chan Zuko

No comments:

Post a Comment